New fine grind powder for better solutbility in hot and cold drinks!
TheraSweet® is an all-natural, safe and healthy alternative to artificial sweeteners that tastes and looks like sugar but without any bitter aftertaste like conventional non-sugar sweeteners. Xylitol is the main ingredient in TheraSweet® and comes from natural, organic sources like fruits, vegetables and hardwood trees rather than being synthesized in a laboratory as is the practice with some companies. We get our Tagatose, the second largest ingredient, from natural sources as well such as yogurt, cheeses, and fruit.
Why TheraSweet® is better:
- Great taste
- All natural
- Low calorie
- Low glycemic
- Contains pre/probiotics
The trouble with artificial sweeteners
What many people don't realize about artificial sweeteners is that they don't help you lose weight! They actually feed or catalyze your sweet tooth, making you crave MORE sugar rather than less. There is also evidence that they slow down digestion and increase appetite. Sucralose, which is found in many sweeteners, including Splenda, has been linked to accelerating or causing migraines, mood and sleep disturbances, dizziness, fuzzy thinking, and an inability to concentrate. Sweeteners such as aspartame, found in Nutrasweet and Equal, can also create excititoxicity, which stimulates the brain in less than positive ways, and can also lead to neurological and endocrine problems and can even be addictive.
TheraSweet® minimizes the negative and maximizes the positive
It is the other therapeutic, health-promoting benefits of TheraSweet® that make our product a truly radical alternative:
- Xylitol has a small glycemic index, but it is still 20 times less than sugar. It is being used all over the world as a safe choice for diabetics.
- Tagatose is a low-calorie sweetener which, unlike most substitute sweeteners, withstands the heat of baking without breaking down. It also browns like sugar.
We've included probiotics, which help the body in the following ways:
- The manufacture of essential vitamins B-1, B-2, B-6, B-12, niacin, folacin, and pantothenic acid, and in synthesizing enzymes that increase the digestibility of protein
- Improving bowel function by enhancing intestinal peristalsis
- Modulating the immune system, increasing the production of antibodies, and mobilizing macrophages, lymphocytes, and other cells of the immune system
- Inhibiting pathogenic organisms in the urogenital tract and the intestine by competing for nutrients and creating a barrier which stops pathogens from adhering to epithelial cells
- Producing antibacterial substances, such as bacteriocins, and
- Lowering intestinal pH by the production of lactic acid, creating an environment unsuitable for pathogens.
We've also added glycine, an amino acid found in the protein of all life forms. Glycine is required for the maintenance of the central nervous system and is an important neuroinhibitor (brain relaxant). It also plays an important role in the immune system, where it is used in the synthesis of other non-essential amino acids. Glycine is also a constituent of a vital bile acid, and together with cysteine and glutamic acid, makes up glutathione, a major liver detoxifier and a quencher of free-radicals.